Since the Allah warriors crossed the Straits of Gibraltar in the beginning of the VIII Century until January of 1492, when the beautiful moorish city of Granada defeated to the catholic troops, the Iberian Peninsula was the scenario of a fascinating historical age: La Reconquista. For hundreds of years, a miriad of kingdoms went up and down struggling to gain a place in the History.
This Mod for Medieval Total War: Viking Invasion is focused in the period that goes from the collapse of the Cordoba Caliphate, in 1031, until the ending of the XII century. Through this time flourished and eventually faded away the kingdoms of taifas, Toledo (the Tajo city) fell down, El-Cid forged his legend, the Murabitin raids came from North Africa and much more happened. Re-enact the bloody and fierce battles of that era, commanding armies from the several kingdoms established in the Peninsula.
Muslim or Catholic? Choose your side... It is the Total War!!!
- Specifically designed for MP playing. It offers a RPS balance (spears-swords-cavs) much more refined than the standard game: now the cavalry is useful against swords, but watch out for the spears and halbs.
- 17 new factions: 7 catholic, 7 muslim, 1 mercenary aditional faction for each religion, and the Almoravid invaders, all them based in the regions and towns that existed in the period of the Reconquista, covering the evolution of Al-Andalus.
- 143 new units, with total variety btw the different factions, but with balance in mind. All units have their counterparts, with mixed-type units: spears, poles, pikes, axes, swords, light cav, heavy cav, archers, camels... all them have their use now.
- Greatly improved tactical potential for the game, no more boring "line-armies". You can use now tricks and baits against your enemy and see how effective are traps against units. Also, few things are so pleasant as seeing a rusher who relays only in swords and cav getting kicked out if he dares to frontally attack your balanced army (provided you have a minimum decent level and sharp eye, of course).
- New velocity and armor adjustment for all units, allowing better reactions and less fatigue in battles played over large maps or with extensive use of team movements.
- The Mod pack includes a Unit Guide with stats and images, which you will find in the folder where you installed it. Also, you can check the guide online in this web site.
- The excellent Army Builder Tool from Almircar has been adapted to this Mod. Don't miss it, available in our Downloads section.
- Feel again the joy of feeling as noob as everybody else, considering nobody knows "perfect" armies and the game needs researching for miriads of possible combinations. Don't trust the pics of the units, trust their descriptions, and try to find the balance btw the 3 basic types of units while sticking to any of your preferred game styles. You can play 10 battles and have 10 different armies and game approachs. Right now, with normal VI, you have very few competitive or fun options.
- Designed with 10000 florin armies in mind, so the good old rule of "about 800 florins per unit" still makes sense, allowing an easy and fast adaptation to the new stats.
- New maps included, specifically crafted for the Mod.
- Less than 4 mb to download, and only 5 clics more to automatically install the game (including a neat background image for the installer). The Mod won't interfere with your normal MTW:VI installation, and you won't need to restart to play different games: you will be able to play any available era, be it Reconquista, Early, High, Late or Viking.
- Available in Spanish, English, Italian, German and French.
- Which other mod can offer you neat pink Camel Lancers?
- No Charltonton Heston image impersonating El Cid there.
- The cuttiest flags you have ever seen in a TW game.
- Elite Naphtas!!! Mo will never forget this mod hehehe
+++ Reconquista Mod +++
Presented by Clan Celtíberos